don't turn out the lights.. I don't wanna be in the dark tonight
The power saga continues.
Despite our attempts to hide our possession of the most desirable power, we were found out by a neighbor and have subsequently had our power switched back off. This all happened in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. I could not understand how the neighbor could have possibly known about our blissful 10 hours of electricity during which not a single light was turned on. So I asked. (I am starting to really understand that line --- Ask a stupid question….)
-We told her.
You told her? Why did we tell her if we were sneaking around without lights on?
-Because we didn’t think she would say anything.
Why is that?
-Because she is our Aunt!
So there you have it- relatives turning against relatives. What I REALLY didn’t get, was that this Aunt has had power the WHOLE TIME. So why in the world would she say something? The answer I received to that question was something about how she wasn’t receiving the same kind of power we were. THE SAME KIND OF POWER!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???
I received no further explanation on this topic until I AGAIN asked later, “So if the power company can give some people power and not others, why can’t they just give it to those who have paid and not to those who haven’t?”
- the mafia
they want us to pay more?
-no
This part got interesting. Apparently the power company can make a lot more money if they sell it to other places. So by not giving us power, they have more power to sell at a higher price to other people. I don’t really know where the mafia comes in. I ask too many questions though.
I once started asking questions about my host brother’s soccer team. I started getting confused about why he couldn’t play for certain teams. The only answer I received was… mafia.
So there you go. I am probably going to wind up dead on the side of the road sliced to pieces because of writing this.
1 Comments:
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 2:41:00 PM EDT,
Anonymous said…
You're on the LIST now. I can guarantee that you will not get any broken bones for 500 dollars.
Post a Comment
<< Home