One curious nomad

My adventure in the Republic of Georgia

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Summer Camp

So PC wants us to have these summer camps before school starts so we can get to know the students and the counterparts we will be working with. About a week ago I met with my counterpart (the woman I will be co-teaching with over the next two years) to plan for our summer camp. She was like, you can do whatever you want, I will call the students; call me on Sunday and I will tell you who I was able to talk to. So I call her Sunday afternoon, and she says, oh I haven’t called anyone yet, but I will. So she calls students Sunday evening to come to a camp starting on Monday. Brilliant. So low and behold, come Monday, there are a whole 6 students who actually were able to come. So my camp is very small…. But that’s ok. The students are good and we are having fun singing songs and drawing pictures of aliens. They seem to like me and Mako says that the classes are good. I will just take her word for it. Other than that, not much is happening. One of my closest friends may be ETing soon (ETing being the verb in the PC for early termination—as in going home early).

Here are pictures from the swearing in ceremony and Tbilisi:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home