Summer Camp
I finished my two week English summer camp. We had about 10 students, which was small, but also really nice. The kids loved everything and begged for it to be longer which felt good. My new sitemate came out and helped me and it gave us a chance to bond a little. She is really great and I think we will get along well for the next year. Over the two weeks we learned colors, vegetables, fruits, animals, and other vocabulary. I created an activity book for them to work on using the vocab and we did tons of art. I was able to use the pipecleaners Andrew bought me last year and make paper flowers, animals from cardstock with little pipecleaner legs so they could stand. Then we made paper money. On the last day of camp we had a huge market where the kids could come and practice using English to buy some of the really cool items we made. They had to use "I want" "I like" "How much is___?" "Please give me____." and other such phrases. My director and host mother even came and got to practice some English too. It was so much fun and hopefully when my sitemate gives me the pictures she took I can post them. They kids loved it so much and were so proud of all the loot they got to take home and show their parents. It was a good time and reminded me that sometimes I really do like teaching. Especially when its my classroom and I can manage it on my own.
2 Comments:
At Friday, September 29, 2006 at 4:04:00 AM EDT,
Anonymous said…
So uh, it's been a while since you've posted anything. Since the month is almost over, why not try and squeeze in two whole posts, eh?
At Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 9:44:00 PM EST,
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 22...yikes, that makes me??? Love and miss you. We really loved visiting Tbilisi and Borjomi. Everyone ought to visit Georgia. Love to your host family.
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home